As reported by ‘TheNextWeb’ Sony has started selling, quietly’ its new smartphone, the 5” Xperia Z, in the US market for $629.99. Sony is also reported to have dropped the price of the Xperia ZL, C6506, reportedly supported by North American LTE bands from $759.99 to $629.99 for Red version only. Black and White versions are expected to be available late in the month.
Though the newly introduced device is available with online retailers, Amazon and Newegg, where it is being offered for just $599.99.
Initially displayed during CES in January, this dust and water resistant phone has following prominent features:
With dimensions of 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, weighing 146 g shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass and still with water resistant of up to 1 meter and for 30 minutes, this device has TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. This is equipped with microSD, up to 64 GB,16 GB, 2 GB RAM.
3.1 MP front end autofocus camera with 4128×3096 pixels with video recording of 1080p@30fps is installed.
- Dimensions:139 x 71 x 7.9 mm (5.47 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)
- Weight:146 g (5.15 oz)
- Type:TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size:1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches
- Multitouch:Yes, up to 10 fingers
- Protection:Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Internal Memory:16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- USB: microUSB v2.0 (MHL)
- Primary Camera: 13.1 MP, 4128×3096 pixels
- Video: 1080p@30fps, video stabilization
- Secondary Camera: 2.2 MP, 1080p@30fps
- OS: Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with planned upgradation to v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MDM9215M / APQ8064
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 320