What is Anki?
Anki is a popular cross-platform spaced repetition flashcard app for Desktop and mobile devices. It is a study flashcard that helps students to learn, memorize and remember information, easily and more effectively.
Anki for Medical Students
The major proportion of the users of the Anki are freshmen or first-year students of medical science students. They are encouraged due to their heavy work load to apply the Anki for the enhancement of their progress in their studies. The majority of the faculty members frequently suggest and encourage the medical students to integrate Anki into their teaching style to facilitate students learning through quick, active, and swift recall of the heavy academic load and their spread-out repetition and recall.
Why is Anki So Popular?
Anki has been made a powerful digital tool for memorization, retention of knowledge, and active learning. It is highly customizable as per your specific needs and requirements. It’s widely applied by students, language learners, and professionals to improve and retain their knowledge and to increase their learning efficiency.
Benefits of Anki
Though the user may get countless benefits of the Anki by applying the Anki in their specific way the ten of the most important benefits of applying the Anki are given below:
1. Spread-out Repetition
Anki applies the spread-out duplication algorithm to show the flashcards at the prime intervals for long-term maintenance and withholding.
2. Adaptable and Convertible Flashcards
The users can create and develop their flashcards with content, images, and audio, making them convertible and suitable for a wide range of stuff and subjects.
3. Active and Immediate Recall
Anki is based on the promotion and development of immediate recall; a powerful and effective learning strategy that helps you to retain information more effectively and for a long time.
4. Cross Memory Platform
Anki software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android to make the subject matter easier to study on various software, platforms, and machine devices.
5. Publicly Shared Levels and Learning Environment
Users of Anki can download and apply the shared levels, created and prepared by other Anki users which can cover a widespread collection of topics and subjects.
6. Organization and Management
Anki allows the users to sync their prepared sundecks & floors and progress across multiple devices.
7. Progress and Promotion Tracking
Anki provides statistics and progress reports to allow the users to keep a check on their learning speed and accuracy.
8. Add-ons by the Community
Users of Anki can enhance the functionality and performance of Anki with various add-ons, suggested, designed, and developed by the Anki users’ community.
9. Cost of Anki
Anki software is provided free as an open-source tool to allow the users to apply it without any hesitation and cost.
10. How to Download and Use Anki?
To use the Anki for different platforms and devices, it is to be downloaded from different platforms, such as:
How to Download Anki?
Computer (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- To download the Anki for the desktop/laptop (Windows), macOS, and Linux, visit the Anki website at https://apps.ankiweb.net/ and from there download the appropriate source file of the appropriate version of Anki for the operating system, you are using.
- Now, open the source file and install the downloaded source of the Anki by following the on-screen instructions to install the Anki.
- After the completion of the installation process, open Anki and create your free AnkiWeb account for synchronization, if required.
- And start using Anki.
Mobile Devices (iOS and Android)
- To download the source file for iOS, visit the ‘App Store’, download AnkiMobile Flashcards, and download the source of the app.
- For usage on Android devices, visit the Google Play Store, search and download AnkiDroid Flashcards, and download the app.
- Open the app source file on your respective mobile device and install it, as per instructions given during the process of installation.
- If you have already downloaded, installed, and created an AnkiWeb account on your computer/laptop, you can sign in to sync your level/areas.
How to Use Anki?
- On both computer/laptop and mobile devices, you can create your personalized decks/levels.
- Alternatively, you may download the shared decks, available within the Anki app.
- To create a deck/level, tap to open the Anki, and select ‘Add’ or ‘Create Deck.
- To import the shared decks/levels, tap the ‘Get Shared’ or ‘Import’ options, available within the Anki app and browse available decks to search for the decks for specific usage.
Adding and Reviewing Flashcards
- To get started using the Anki, add flashcards to your personalized decks with the content you want to learn.
- Review your flashcards regularly as Anki will reschedule the flashcards, developed by you, as per your progress.