If you are one of the Windows Mobile owners who have the double tap to wake on their Windows Mobile devices then you might also want to use the double tap to sleep your Windows device. Microsoft has added a very useful option to double tap on the navigation bar of your phone to put it to sleep.
Simply follow the instructions below to enable the double tap to sleep on your Windows 10 Mobile device.
Before proceeding to the instructions, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- You would need at-least second generation Windows Phone device which have the on-screen navigation bar instead of the hardware buttons.
- You must be running the latest Windows 10 Mobile build either in stable release or the Insider Program to use this feature. Windows Phone 8.1 doesn’t support this feature.
Now, let’s proceed to the instructions
- First of all, open up ‘Settings’ app. Here navigate to ‘Personalization’ > ‘Lock Screen’.
- Once in ‘Lock Screen’, navigate to the end of the page. Here you will see the ‘Double-tap the navigation bar to turn off the screen’. Enable it by moving the slider switch to right.
- Now, whenever you double tap on the navigation, your phone’s screen will turn off and your phone will go to sleep.
- That’s all!
Here is a quick video showing the steps of the enabling the double tap to sleep.
You may visit our Windows 10 Mobile Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 10.
Incoming search terms:
- how to shouy doublee tap off on windows phone
- how to lock the screebn by using double tap in navigation bar in windiws phone
- double tap navigation bar to sleep
- window navigation bar apk
- double tap navigation bar on apk
- double tap navbar to wake android
- double tap navigation button to sleep
- double tap on navbar
- double tap on navigation bar Android
- Double tap on the navigation bar to back to top