There are many search engine definitions which explain the SEO in depth. Let’s have a close look upon four of the SEO definitions to understand the real meaning of the SEO. Study of different SEO definitions will give you additional look into the extensive SEO World of meanings. Actually, each individual author has different point of view and a distinct approach to the meaning and practical application of the SEO, so will define the SEO in his / her own words.
There are hundreds of definitions of SEO, majority of which are, basically, literary in nature. But, we have selected a only four which are practically applicable and easier to understand.
SEO Definition By WeboPedia
Webopedia – Online Tech dictionary for IT Professionals (2016) [i] – defines the search engine optimization with these meanings: “Search Engine Optimization is a process of collection of different methods, techniques, applicable strategies and other tactics which are widely and extensively applied and used to attract the increasing number of the Online visitors to any blog or website, available and uploaded on the Internet, after achieving a high-ranking placement in the search results of a search engine result pages (SERP) where the search engine are; Google, Bing, Yahoo and others.
SEO Defined by MOZ
Looking at the search engine optimization from the marketers’ point of view, “Beginners Guide to SEO (2016) [ii]” explains it as a marketing term and castigation which focuses on increasing or enhancing the typical visibility of the content of the organic (non-paid) search engine results upon the different search engines.
Explaining SEO in a little detail, “Beginners Guide” lays emphasis upon the following:
- For the best and viable search engine optimization, both the technical and imaginative essential elements and techniques must be utilized for the improvement and enhancement of the website rankings and presence in the search engines.
- It must be applied to enhance and encourage incoming traffic to the website, blog or the other entities upon the www or Internet.
- And it must be used to increase the visibility and the ranking of the web content in search engines.
In simple words, SEO is making your web content so ‘search engine friendly’ that search engines may understand the stuff, meaning, substance and the structure of your website.
SEO is defined by Web Fonts in Their Own Style
SEO is a typical technique that helps search engines to find, rank and display the content of your site a little higher than millions of other websites in a response to a search query, helping the visitors to locate the relevant material, available on your site so that the visitor can visit your site and collect the right information, required by her/him.
For example, if you are willing to search out some business course material on Internet, you will write the required search query, typically mentioning precisely the content you require. After clicking / tapping, the search engine will display the website and the content which is most relevant to your query. This is made possible with the help of the best and the most powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Search Engine Land has Different Approach to Define SEO
This definition is based upon more realistic vision but still the liberal one. It merges the organic and paid sides of attracting, driving or pushing traffic to your website or Online blog in order to win the rat race of getting higher ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs).
This definition lays heavy emphasis upon the following:
- This is based upon the process of getting the Online visitors to your website or blog.
- If you are willing to get the required stuff, you have to search the free sites for it.
- Whole the written or displayed stuff must be organic one and not the paid one.
- Whole the written material is based upon good editorial practices.
- And the search must be natural one, i.e. it must not be directed to your site.
[i] Webopedia (2016). Online Tech dictionary for IT Professionals. Source: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SEO.html
[ii] MOZ (2016). What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Source: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo