In Android 11, code name Android 11 R, where R stands for Red Velvet Cake (RVC), Android has included a unique feature, Voice Access, to apply your voice to control and manage the phone. So, simply to say, if you are away from your phone but want to control its different functions, you may do so with just your voice.
Initially, Android has provided such support for the control of Android 11 device for the 5 globally spoken languages. These languages are; English, Spanish, German, Italian and French.
Before installing and applying the Voice Access, it is better to check your Android 11 device and its settings to verify the availability of necessary hardware and software support for Voice Access.
Please confirm; whether your Android device has following setting to run Voice Access:
- Your Android device must be running on Android Version 5.0 or any later version. For the verification of your software, installed on your device, follow the steps:
- Settings About phone or About tablet.
- Next; you must verify that you have the latest version of Voice Access. If your app is not up to date, download it from Google Play or get is updated.
- Turn on ‘OK Google’ feature in your Android 11 Phone.
- Last but not the least, download a language for offline speech recognition. For the purpose, go to:
- Settings Voice. Here, learn to change Google App Settings.
When you have checked and verified all the above checks, you must be satisfied that you may run Voice Access app on your Android 11 device to control your device.
For start using Voice Access, see our next post.