If you are a user of Android OS and use the Messenger messaging app by Google for your daily messaging routines then you might have noticed that the threads in the Messenger app are colored automatically. Some of the threads in the app are colored in attractive colors while others are less attractive. But, you can easily change the color of each thread or contact according to your needs.
The Messenger app comes pre-installed in the Android 5.0 (Lollipop), Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and the Android 7.0 (Noughat) and is also the default messaging app. It has some pretty useful features and many users prefer it on other kind of messaging apps due to its simple user interface and increased performance. The option to change the conversation colors is one of the main features of Messenger app.
Simply follow the instructions below and you will be able to change the color of individual threads easily using the Messenger app.
- First of all, open the Messenger app and open the thread which you want to have your desired color. Press the menu icon by pressing the 3 dots ‘…’ on top right corner (refer the screenshot).
- A small pop-menu will open. Here select ‘People & options’.
- Options menu will open. Here you will see the people of the conversation. You can press the color palette icon on right side of the contact (refer the screenshot).
- A pop-up menu will open showing a variety of colors to choose from. Select your desired one and you conversation color will change to that one.
- That’s all! Enjoy using your customized thread in Messenger app.
You can visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Android and its apps.