A new feature in Android 6.0.x Marshmallow smartphones and devices has been added which can help you to check the signal strength of Internet and Wi-Fi, being received by your Android device.
In telecommunications technology, particularly with reference to the Internet and Wi-Fi frequency, Signal Strength is referred as the transmitting power of the Wi-Fi transmitter or Internet signals, received by an antenna from a referring distance from the transmitter.
When you are planning to do some job, to transmit or receive the signals for the communication, it is a good idea to first check the signals strength. Especially, if you are going to engage in video calls, the strength of signals plays a vital role.
To know the signal strength is a few step process but if you are feeling some problem, see the instructions.
1. Tap the icon of the ‘Settings’ at the bottom right corner of your Android 6.0.x Marshmallow smartphones and devices to open up the ‘Settings’ screen.2. At the ‘Settings’ screen, tap the ‘Wi-Fi’, placed in the ‘Wireless & networks’ section.3. At the ‘Wi-Fi’ screen, see the ‘Wi-Fi’ is connected.4. Tap the ‘Wi-Fi’ for a while and a popup screen will appear, displaying the various characteristics of the ‘Wi-Fi’, such as:
- Signal Strength
- Link Speed
5. See; I took 3 screenshots of the ‘Wi-Fi’ characteristics, First; from the other room where the Internet transmitter was operational, Second; from the same room where the transmitter is working but from a distance of almost 10 feet from the transmitter and the Third; from a distance of just few inches from the transmitter.
See, in the first instance, the signal strength was ‘Fair’, in the second instance, it was ‘Good’ and in the ‘Third’ instance, it was ‘Excellent’.
Incoming search terms:
- android 6 0 1 signal
- android marshmalliw cant see signal strength icon
- marshmallow android signal strength
- marshmallow network signal
- wifi boosts marshmellow