As expected, Apple announced its new flagship smartphone, iPhone 8, on September 12, 2017 and is expected to be launched within this month. Designed for the GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO and LTE technologies, the iPhone 8 will equally be useful in many countries and regions, such as, Europe and other countries, apart from United States.
This is the first Apple device which is specifically designed and made for the new operating system, iOS 11, being launched on September 19, 2017.
Different Specs of the iPhone 8
iPhone 8 has been designed for the following Networking Technologies:
- GSM – Global System for Mobile communication
- CDMA – Code Division Multiple Access
- HSPA – High Speed packet Access
- EVDO – Evolution Data Only/Evolution Data Optimized
- LTE – Long Term Evolution
The physical size and dimensions of iPhone 8 are as under:
- Length: 138.4 mm / 5.45 Inches
- Width: 67.3 mm / 2.65 Inches
- Depth: 7.3 mm / 0.29 Inches
- Space Gray
- LED-backlit IPS LCD – A flat panel display using the LED backlighting.
- Capacitive Touchscreen
- 16M colors
- 750 x 1334 px – ~326 ppi px Density
- Ion-strengthened glass – The strength and hardness of glass is increased by heating the glass and exchanging Sodium ions in the glass with Potassium ions from the bath of potassium salt.
- Anti-fingerprint oleophobic coating
- 6.7 Inches / The screen to body ratio is 65.4%.
- 148 grams / 5.22 Ounces
- Wide Color Gamut Display
- 3D Touch Display
- Home Button
- True-Tone Display
- Made for Nano – Sim
Ip67 certification rating means full protection from:
- Dust (6)
- Can withstand being submerged 1m in static water (about 3.3 feet) for up to 30 minutes (7).
iPhone 8 has been certified by following financial giants for transferring funds:
- Master Card
Working Platforms and Operating System
- Operating System: iOS 11
- Chipset: Apple A11 Bionic
- CPU: Hexa-Core
Operating Memory and Storage
- Card Slot: No – it means you cannot add more cards to enhance the storage capacity of the iPhone 8.
- Internal Storage: 64 / 256 GB,
- RAM: 2 GB
- 12 MP
- Size: 28 mm
- Sensor Size: 1/3 Inches
- 4K Video and 8MP Image Recording
- 2160P@24/30/60 fps
- 1080P@30/60/120/240 fps
- 7 MP
- f/s 2
- 1080P@30 fps
- 720P@240 fps
- Non-Removable Type
- Li-Ion 1821 mAh
- Fast Battery Charging: 50% in 30 Minutes
- Qi Wireless Charging
- Talk Time: Up to 14 h (3G)
- Music Play Time: Up to 40 h
Siri natural Language Commands and Dictation