Google is still gearing up to launch the final version of Android 5.0 lollipop for all devices around the world but, if you are looking for a flavor of next major version of Android OS then, you are at right place.
We have already got the Lollipop flavors in the form of Google Now launcher, Google Play Store as well as the Google keyboard with Material Design. Now, the default messaging app of Android 5.0 is also available which is called ‘Messenger’ by Google.
The Messenger app of the Android 5.0 has been developed from scratch with the Material Design in mind as well as performance. The app also features updated functionality with new transitions and bold colors.
The Messenger app from Android 5.0 Lollipop has the following features:
- All-new interface called Material Design
- Performance improvements
- Archive support for messages
- Swipe left or right to archive a message
- New frequent contacts list
- New phone dialer support to create text messages for new numbers
- New attach method which opens the camera directly from within the app
- Sounds can be recorded right from the app
- All the options have been moved to the top app bars with no pop ups in the app
Here is a quick video showing almost all the features of Messenger app from Android Lollipop.
The messenger app of Android 5.0 Lollipop can be installed on any Android device and you will be able to get a scoop of the messaging improvements of latest Android version by Google on any Android device whether its a Android 4.0 Ice CreamSandwich, Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 Jelly Bean or Android 4.4 Kitkat but, it won’t run on the Android versions below Android 4.0.
Simply download the Messenger app from the download link at the end of this article and install it like a regular .apk app on your Android device (follow the instructions in this article to install .apk files on your Android device).
Once installed, set the Messenger app as your default messaging app and enjoy the Material Design while messaging.