Android is well-know for its customization options where you can customize almost everything in your Android device and custom ringtones is one of that feature. Although, Android devices comes with dozens of pre-installed ringtones which can be used for caller tones, messages and also for specific apps but, if you are looking for a way to add custom ringtones to your Android device then you are at right place.
Adding custom ringtones to your Android device is very easy and you just need to add it to your phone on a specific location and the ringtone cam be used for different purposes. This method lets you add ringtones to the sounds options in Settings from where you can select that custom tone from the list of provided ones.
Simply follow the instructions below to know how to add custom ringtones to your PC.
This trick works on all Android versions whether its Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Android 3.0 HoneyComb, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 Jelly Bean and/or Android 4.4 Kitkat where you can add as many custom ringtones as you want.
- First of all, you will need a file Manage app like ES browser or any other. Browse to the root of internal memory of your phone.
- Here you will see a folder named ‘Notifications’. Open it.
Note: If you don’t see the ‘notifications’ folder, you can create it in the root directory of your phone memory.
- Once created, move the ringtone(s) you want to use to that folder.
- Now, restart your device (it’s not really needed but, sometimes the tone doesn’t appear until you perform a restart).
- Once you have restarted your device, you will be able to see that ringtone in the list of sounds in ‘Settings’. You can use this ringtone for any purpose like caller tone, message tone and/or for any app.
- That’s all! Enjoy custom tones on your Android phone.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Android.
Incoming search terms:
- download ringtone changer for rooted Android
- how to set song as ringtone in android kitkat
- how to set ringtone in any do apk
- how to set custom ringtone in android kit kat
- ringtones en android kit kat
- how to set ringtones on sky devices
- android 4 4 2 ringtone
- ringtones para android 4 4
- how to change ringtone on Android root
- android ringtone location 4 4 4