If you are a regular user of cellular data connection then you might have noticed that weak 3G or 4G signals results in the downgrading of cellular network to lower band. If, you were using the 4G network and you move to a location where the 4G network signals are weak then your phone will automatically switch to the 3G which will give you decreased speeds.
But, if you are looking for a way to force 3G or 4G only to stop the downgrade of network then the simple trick mentioned below will surely help you without the need to install any third party app.
Simply follow the instructions below and you will be able to force 3G/4G only on your Android 6.0 Marshmallow device in seconds.
Note: The method below has been tested on stock Android 6.0 but, it might also work on other customized Android Marshmallow versions.
- First of all, open up dialer app and type the following code:
- The ‘Testing’ screen will open. Here tap ‘Phone information’.
- ‘Phone info’ screen will open. Here scroll down until you see the ‘Set preferred network type’ and select ‘LTE only’ or ‘WCDMA only’ depending on your requirements.
Tip: LTE means 4G while the WCDMA only means 3G.
Note: If you force 4G or 3G only and go to a location where the selected network type is not available then you might lose network signals which can result in the lack of connectivity. You won’t be able to use your phone for cellular activities like calls, SMS and data connection.
- That’s all.
You may visit our Android 6.0 Marshmallow Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Android 6.0.
Incoming search terms:
- force 4g lte only
- how to install 4g on android
- 4G only
- force 4g only android
- force 4g
- lg f460 3g only code
- intall 4G andriod
- force lte connection android
- intall 4G in andriod
- how to set network lte in 3g